Fluid Trainer Computer

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  jetblackcoach 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
July 24, 2012 at 5:51 am #216

Richard

Is there any way to get my training session from the bikes computer on to my PC??

September 4, 2012 at 2:08 am #227

jetblackcoach

Sorry but what training sessions are you wanting to transfer? I have a few athletes that use Garmin or Polar computers which are compatable with the pc. Another tool is to log on to training peaks but I think you will still need a Garmin or polar.

April 23, 2013 at 9:26 am #275

tas74t

Ive just got the fluid dyno trainer, my first trainer and i love it. The only problem i cant get the heart rate starp to work. ive tried wetting it first for a better contact.. i ve setup my min max heart rate on the computer but still not reading.. any ideas?

May 3, 2013 at 7:53 pm #276

jetblackcoach

Hi sorry I replied but just noticed it didn’t send. Have you had success with the heart rate strap? Some have had to replace the battery which fixed the problem. Also can depend on you chest shape, try lowering the strap making sure you have full contact. Let us know if you still have no luck.

May 4, 2013 at 4:59 am #280

tas74t

Coach.. yeah i did think that except the trainer is only 2 weeks old.. anyways i changed the battery anyway and now worked immediately.. thx

July 16, 2013 at 11:38 am #286

ampnz

is there a way to calibrate the power readings? I’ve completed three FTP tests now and averaging 410-420WATTS over the 20min test. therefore FTP somewhere around 380WATTs after inputting average power data into your threshold calculator. considering I am just an amateur cyclist and reading data on top level tour riders FTP ranging from 330-360W I’m skeptical about your products accuracy. Is my product faulty or should I quit my day job?

http://home.trainingpeaks.com/races/tour-de-france/2012/stage-9.aspx#.UeUtmOtWdQY

July 17, 2013 at 8:09 pm #287

jetblackcoach

Hi, As long as you have completed the set up correctly then this predicited wattage reading will be correct. Remebering this is a predicted wattage reading and will vary to each trainer. This measurement will differ to those from a power metre device (power tap, SRM) that use torgue as a measure and calculation.
The beauty is you can now measure your intensity from your test and train to your zones when on your trainer. When you go to retest you will be using the same device which will give you indications of improvement.
Tyre pressure, load onto the back tyre are also factors when using any indoor trainer. I hope this helps and you get improvemnets from using power readings.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.