Speedo always needs resetting

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Warren Brown 3 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
September 5, 2013 at 11:53 pm #289

Warren Brown

After setting up my new Jet Black speedo and then using it for the first time it automatically shut down, as expected when I had finished riding. When I came to use it the next time a week later, it won’t automatically wake up and when you finally get it wake up, it remembers none of it’s previous settings and you have to re-enter all the settings, from wheel size on. Surely this is not normal. What is going wrong?

September 6, 2013 at 5:00 am #290

jetblackcoach

Hey Waren, gothold of our tech guy’s, they sent the following reply to me

That’s an unusual issue, but is sounds like a power issue. Ask the user to check the batteries in the computer head unit, it may be time to replace the batteries anyhow. My guess is that the battery cover may have slid out of place allowing for the batteries to be knocked ( perhaps whilst dismounting the bike or removing the computer from the handle bars) out of place temporarily cutting the power supply and resetting the computer.

Try the above and let me know how you go, if he needs any further assistance just let me know and I will help him out.

September 20, 2013 at 11:31 am #293

Warren Brown

I think there is more wrong with my speedo after using it just a couple of days ago. I again had to reset it before I started, but then when I got going the speed readout would give a speed reading of 20 kph, then 11 kph then another even lower reading all within a second or two. Then it started scanning all over the place, all with strange and incorrect readings.
Today I bought another battery (the speedo is only 1 month old so the other one shouldn’t have been flat). I went through the usual setup procedure (I know it off by heart now) but it shut down half way through. I started again but it did it again.
I feel there is a major fault in the internal computer that is making it run haywire. I’m pretty unimpressed with it and it is going back to the shop.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.